At Tommy’s Hair Company, our aim is to work in partnership with you to create beautiful, happy, healthy hair. Whilst ensuring at all times the absolute safety of you, our Guests. We invest in service development to discover new innovative products with safety always in mind.
These products, when used according to the safety instructions, alongside recommended best practice at all times in our salons, will help ensure not only best results but the safest environment for everyone.
Hair colourants can cause a severe allergic reaction, which in certain rare cases may be severe for you. It is therefore essential to follow these precautions:
DO NOT USE a hair colourant product if:
- You have ever experienced a reaction to hair colourants in your life
- You have a rash on your face or a sensitive, itchy or damaged scalp
- You are under 16 years of age
Tattoos and permanent/semi-permanent make-up
Black henna tattoos: We will check with you, our Guest, if you have ever had, even once, a black henna tattoo as you may have become allergic without knowing it. Do not use this colouration product unless you have done the allergy alert test 48 hours before use.
If you have had an allergic reaction to any type of skin tattoo, including henna or permanent make-up, the risk of allergy may be greater.
We will always ask you these questions as your safety is our number one priority. If at any time, you have experienced any discomfort with a colouring process, during or after (despite a skin allergy test) it is imperative that you call the Salon and let us know before any further Colouring services are carried out.
- First, we may ask you to remove earrings.
- Then, behind the ear using a cotton-bud, we apply a little of the unmixed product sufficient to cover an area of 1 to 2cm² (eg. the size of a small coin).
- Re-apply a couple of times allowing it to dry between each application.
- Leave for 48 hours without washing, covering or touching.
If during the course of this period, you notice any abnormal reactions such as intense reddening, itching or swelling in or around the test area, you must let us know straight away. WE WILL NOT APPLY THE COLOURANT and recommend that you seek medical advice before any further colour applications are made. If, after 48 hours, the allergy alert test remains negative, you can proceed to attend the colouring process.